Wednesday 15 February 2012

Grammy's 2012 - my style favourites

How much I love seeing all the Divas come out in their best every year at the Grammy's! The Grammy's usually doesn't embody a particular running trend that a lot of the major awards shows tend to have; which I think is great as it's one of the few events where the stars can dress in their own style without the typical restrictions 'evening' wear tends to have.

Sooo the nominees are...

Rhianna


images sourced

Now I'm still not sold on her new hair, BUT that back and ass action alone got my attention for a clear pick! The Giorgia Armani gown boasted clean lines and a smooth silhouette against her curves which showed off her best assets and damn can she work it!  I loved her chain which highlights her décolletage and draws the eye to that exquisite plunging neck line. HUGE brownie points for that butt cleavage chain! Love it!


Next nominee Taylor Swift



images sourced

She looked absolutely stunning in this nude and gold silk mermaid gown by Zuhair Murad. I'm a sucker for mermaid gowns so this was an easy pick for me! I died over the key hole and together with that delicate high neck oooohh just devine! Not to mention the detail in that gold lacing! She wore it beautifully with her statuesque frame, fresh makeup and elegant up do. 

Next up Fergie!



images sourced

A fair few media outlets are slamming her for this but I absolutely love this dress! I want it!! Even though I'd have nowhere to wear it! This peek a boo lacey number is by Jean Paul Gaultier. Fergie rocked it with her signature gold hoops and teamed it with a chic ponytail. I actually like the black bra and high waisted briefs peeking through somehow it just works! The super cute raised capped sleeves, petite collar and subtle gradient of orange gave it a girly and elegant touch in contrast with the out there, sexy skin factor! Styled with gold accessories and glowy makeup the Duchess looked amazing on the red carpet.


And last but not definitely not the least, Adele


images sourced


Also in Giorgio Armani Adele is positively oozing glamour. She brought old Hollywood to the Grammy's and she looks every bit of a world class superstar! Covered in sparkling embroidery and cinched in at the waist with a panelled belt this gown is working wonders for her. Her hair and make-up is definitely a look I will try! She has kept her skin and lips matte, with perfect contouring of the nose and cheeks and a number of lashes, plus even more layers of demi lashes on the outer corners. 

I have to say overall Adele is my pick!! What does everybody think? Have I missed out on anybody in your opinion?

xx

Gemma



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so thank you for taking the time in posting them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...